Mumbai: Axis Bank, India’s third largest private Bank, today announced the launch of AxisDirect, an online trading platform, marking their foray into retail broking business. AxisDirect is a product of Axis Securities and Sales Limited, a 100% subsidiary of Axis Bank. The portal can be accessed at www.axisdirect.in.
AxisDirect will offer multiple options to the customers for trading in cash, derivatives, IPO segments through NSE and BSE. The customers will also have the benefit of well-researched information about various corporate, access to independent third party research, stock research and analysis tools, and a host of innovative features and functionalities.
Mrs. Shikha Sharma, MD & CEO, Axis Bank, speaking on the occasion said, “We are very excited about this new initiative. A considerable amount of time has been invested in talking to customers, understanding the need gaps and what we can do to bridge those gaps. We have tried to design and develop unique functionalities and make it easier for the customers to invest in markets using AxisDirect. We have partnered with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to develop this uniquely different platform. We will continue investing in the platform to ensure delivery of superior services and provide customers a one-stop-shop solution for trading or investing.”
Mr. N Chandrasekaran, CEO and MD, Tata Consultancy Services said, “TCS is extremely happy to partner with Axis Group in launching this latest online broking initiative. What we have been able to do is to bring together the collective knowledge of TCS and Axis Bank in the capital market space as well as latest technologies to give a very unique experience to customers.”
Mr. Modan Saha, Joint Managing Director, Axis Securities and Sales Limited, reiterated that, “AxisDirect online trading platform, with its intelligent and intuitive features, aims to simplify a customer’s trading experience. The platform is designed to appeal to experienced traders and beginners / new traders alike by empowering them through a wide range of tools, products, and investment strategies in an integrated environment.”
Some of the unique features that AxisDIRECT provides to its customers are:
- One Click Trade: With AxisDirect, customers can research, analyse and trade from anywhere through the website, all from single integrated window. Trading is just one click away.
- TradePassport: It is a simple detachable order entry panel that allows customers to execute orders from wherever they are online. It can be detached simply from the website or parent window and can be taken anywhere on the desktop with secure connection to AxisDirect trading account.
- Intelligent Order Entry Panel: AxisDirect intelligent order entry panel allows customers to know their potential capital gains before trade order confirmation. Its simplified design ensures that all the key information required while trading is available at the click of a button. There is no need to search around for the relevant information about a company before placing orders.
- Independent Research & Powerful Tools: Customers can benefit with investment ideas and access to in-house as well as best-in-class third party research and information from leading names in the industry including Recognia, The Screener, Reuters and more. With intuitive and powerful trading tools, customers can research stocks based on either pre-defined or customised parameters simultaneously.
- Enhanced Equity and Derivatives Products: Customers can avail enhanced equity and derivatives products like Encash, Cover, E-Margin, Intraday Margin, limits against collateral securities.
- Trade on Phone: With Trade on Phone service, customers can take advantage of market opportunities when they are on the move or if they cannot access internet. AxisDirect will execute the trade based on the customer instructions through Trade On Phone service.
- Comprehensive Company Snapshot – Customers can now access and analyse in-depth information and research about a company from one integrated window. He can also trade from the same window in just one click. The advanced Company snapshot page in AxisDirect allows customer to focus on his investment strategy more effectively.
- Intuitive portfolio analysis tools: Portfolio Analysis tools with AxisDirect analyzes key parameters in the customer’s portfolio that are important to a customer in an intuitive manner. Moreover this information is represented in simple graphical manner which is very easy to understand and is actionable. The analysis tools include stocks in profit, stocks in loss, tax implication on equity portfolio, estimated income on portfolio, sector distribution of portfolio, sub-portfolio wise division and performance, corporate action on portfolio, etc.
About Axis Securities & Sales:
Axis Sales Ltd., an existing 100% subsidiary of Axis Bank, was rechristened Axis Securities and Sales Ltd. in the year 2010 when Axis Bank decided to foray into Retail Broking through Axis Sales Limited.
The Company has obtained necessary approvals from SEBI, NSE and BSE in the following segments:
NSE: Capital Market Segment; Derivatives Segment (Trading & Clearing Member); Currency Derivatives Segment (Trading Member);
BSE: Capital Market Segment and Derivatives Segment (Trading Member and Clearing Member)
About Axis Bank:
Axis Bank is the third largest private sector bank in India. Axis Bank offers a vast spectrum of services encompassing Large and Mid-Corporate Banking, SME Banking, Agri-Business Banking, Retail Banking and International Banking.
Axis Bank has a network of over 1200 branches and over 4900 ATMs across the country. The branches, spread across more than 680 cities and towns, enable the Bank to reach out to a large cross-section of customers with an array of products and services catering to both the retail and the corporate segment.
Axis Bank has presence in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Dubai, and seeks to expand further its international presence. Axis Bank has the largest EDC network, the third largest ATM network in India and also has the fourth largest base of debit cards in the country. Axis Bank has a customer base of over 150 Lakhs. The market capitalisation of the Bank as on January 04, 2011 was Rs. 55,224 crores (NSE).
The Bank’s centralised database enables customers to operate their accounts from anywhere in the country. The Bank’s website axisbank.com offers comprehensive details about its various schemes.
For further information please contact:
Mr. Anand H. Mugad
Assistant Vice President – Corporate Communications
+91 – 22 – 6707 1589
Pradeep Ghorpade / Tayyab Imadi
+91- 9820267858 / 9967212492
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com